Position Title: Water Treatment Plant Operator
Posted 9/16/2020- Downingtown, PA - Full Time - Union
Primary Role: Operate a 2.5 mgd surface water treatment plant with groundwater back-up, within the guidelines and regulations of the PADEP, our operating permits, and other regulatory bodies. Includes the collection of water samples per state regulations, recording data and preparing regulatory reports, adjusting chemical feed rates, and other similar duties. Position will also be required to assist with distribution system duties including, but not limited to, meter reading, hydrant flushing, water main breaks, and distribution system maintenance.
- Operates WTP in accordance with the operating contract to provide compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Collects and analyzes samples required for compliance and process control.
- Follows Company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies, and report unsafe conditions.
- Maintains daily logs, records plant operating data as required in logs and operations software
- Effective, timely, and respectful communication and interactions with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and customers.
- Performs other related functions assigned or as they become apparent.
- Able to read gauges and meters. Prepare and maintain accurate paperwork such as records, logs, orders, surveys and routine reports as directed.
- Able to perform accurate mathematical calculations related to this position.
- Good communication skills with all levels.
- Perform standardized water process control, monitoring, and compliance sampling and testing.
- Ability to respond to emergencies
- Capable of lifting and/or carrying 50lbs. or more on a frequent basis. Walking up and down stairs and long distances. Carrying, climbing, and working from ladders. Working in confined areas. Ability to wear a respirator as required.
- Some computer skills; MS Word, MS Excel and SCADA systems.
- Specifically, but not limited to knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling chlorine and other industrial chemicals.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- The position requires that the operator obtain PADEP Water Operator Class CE, subclasses 1, 7, 8 and 11, within 3 years of hire. Operators already licensed will be given preference.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid, active state driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to work indoor or outdoor work during seasonal heat and cold or other adverse weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to complete necessary tasks while wearing an approved respirator as required, as some required work may have potential for exposure to harmful contaminants, environments, noise, etc.
- Mandatory weekends & holidays. Overtime work as needed, including on-call assignments.
Starting rate of pay:
Un-Licensed $16.47 per hour, $17.11 after probationary period (6 months).
Raises in accordance with current CBA.
Please submit resumes and letters of interest by October 2, 2020 (1700 hours)